April May Neighbourhood Watch Newsletter
Please see the latest edition of the Neighbourhood Watch Newsletter from The National Neighbourhood Watch Association attached below.
Set up a NHW Scheme in your area.
Would you like to bring your community closer together, or do you have concerns about burglary, antisocial behaviour or the general environment in your street?
Through Neighbourhood Watch you can help the Police and your neighbours to strengthen your community. You can make your area a better place to live. The scheme is free to join!
Aims of Neighbourhood Watch
- To reduce opportunities for crime and make it more difficult for criminals to act
- To build community spirit so that neighbours can work together for everybody’s benefit – to reduce the fear of crime. We encourage you to set up a closed group in Facebook for your members
- To report suspicious incidents in your neighbourhood to the Police and know how to report them
- To look at improving the neighbourhood, (fixing street lighting, potholes, overgrown bushes etc.)
- NHW signage and stickers act as a deterrent
- Receipt of Thames Valley Alert messages informing you about burglaries and crime trends taking place in your area. These messages can also include Witness Appeals, information about/from our policing teams and Thames Valley Police press releases
- Most insurers offer a discount if you are a member of a NHW scheme
- Crime reduction and policing information given at the setup meeting including leaflets
If you have any questions please contact me David Huckle at the following email address MKCommunity.Watchcoordinator@thamesvalley.pnn.police.uk for further information