The parish of Old Woughton may be one of the smaller settlements in Milton Keynes, but that in no way reflects the great community spirit here with opportunities for everyone to get involved and if a voluntary activity you’d like to see isn’t happening then contact us and we’ll see how we can help to get you started.
Meanwhile, current volunteering activities exist for:
- Buddying with a vulnerable neighbour
- Open Spaces projects
- Photography for Old Woughton Newsletters & Calendars
- Towpath repairs
- Parish Gardeners
- Woughton Heritage events
Please contact the Clerk for details: email@example.com
What you need to know:
The Parish Council is a statutory body and must comply with the requirements of all related national legislation. This means we take seriously our responsibilities for Data Protection and Health & Safety, for example, and we have policies in place for all of these. Just click here to view.
Our commitment to you:
For volunteering within the parish to be a satisfying experience we will undertake always to:
- have an OWPC councillor present, if required
- provide any training necessary to work safely
- arrange for appropriate equipment (never power tools)
- re-imbuse previously agreed expenses
- obtain the necessary approvals from regulatory bodies
- have insurance cover for previously approved volunteering activity
Perhaps the ultimate voluntary activity is becoming a parish councillor and taking on a four-year term of representing the interests and concerns of your neighbours. Elections are held every fourth May and the next are due in 2021. Induction is provided and proper expenses re-imbursed. Any of your existing nine councillors can talk through with you what’s involved – mostly a monthly time commitment – so, could it be you?