Community Policing Awards 2018 – Nominations Now Open
|Nominations open today (9/1) for this year’s Community Policing Awards.
The Community Policing Awards take place each year at a ceremony held at Eynsham Hall near Witney in Oxfordshire, in May. This ceremony is now in its seventeenth year and provides an opportunity to recognise and nominate the work of officers, staff and volunteers who have made the greatest contribution to their community over the past year.
Do you know someone who has gone above and beyond in their role? Someone who you believe should be recognised for their hard work and efforts over the last year? Could you provide an example of how they have exceeded what is expected of them?
Winner of Berkshire Community Police Officer 2017, PC Lucy Brydon, said on receiving the award: “It’s great to have the recognition that you’re doing a good job and it’s particularly special that the nomination came from the victim themselves. I feel very passionate about helping people and trying to make a difference for them. To receive a nomination and recognition for my work is a surprise but something I am grateful for.”
There are seven categories this year:
· Do you know a neighbourhood police officer who has made a difference to your community? Nominate your Community Police Officer 2018
· Can you think of a PCSO who has made an outstanding contribution to your community? Nominate your Police Community Support Officer (PCSO) 2018
· Do you know a Special Constable who has gone above and beyond to serve your community? Nominate your Special Constable 2018
· Do you know someone who has helped to improve diversity in your community? Nominate your Diversity Champion 2018
· Do you know a cadet who supports fellow cadets, shows initiative, supports community events, is committed to and is an advocate for the police force? Nominate your Cadet 2018
· Do you know a volunteer who actively supports the police and volunteers to work within a team in Thames Valley Police? Nominate your Volunteer 2018
· Do you know a volunteer who assists with community concerns and enforcing the law? Nominate your Community Volunteer 2018
Don’t miss the chance to nominate your local hero, nominations close on February 26.
For more information, please visit our website.