Volunteer Police Officer information Evening Monday 4 December
Could you make a difference to your local community as a volunteer police officer? Come along to our recruitment information evening to speak to serving officers about the role On Monday 4th December between 6:30pm-8:00pm at Milton Keynes Police Station MK9 2DS
Special constables are volunteer police officers who play an important role in policing the Thames Valley. You will work closely alongside your regular colleagues, adding to a diverse range of skills and experiences from all walks of life to make a real difference in reducing crime.
Being a special constable will open you up to new opportunities, giving real job satisfaction and transferable skills.
To be eligible to join as a special constable, you must:
- be at least 18 years of age
- be a British or Commonwealth citizen or an EU/European Economic Area national
- have leave to remain in the UK indefinitely
- not have served any period of imprisonment or youth detention
- not have any existing County Court judgements outstanding
- not be registered bankrupt with bankruptcy debts that have not been discharged for at least three years
- not be the subject of a current Individual Voluntary Arrangement (IVA)
- not have piercings or tattoos which could cause offence
be in good health, of sound constitution and be able to physically and mentally perform the duties of a special constable once appointed