Changes from today, 17 May
- The rule of six will be extended to indoor areas, which means groups of six or larger if they are from just two households can meet in people’s homes.
- Domestic overnight stays will also be permitted, so long as they follow the same rules.
- Groups of up to 30 will be allowed outdoors.
- Some large events will also be allowed to resume. Indoor events will have a capacity of 1,000, or 50 per cent, whichever is smaller.
- Outdoor events will be capped at 4,000 or 50% capacity.
- Outdoor seated events, such as football matches, will be capped at 10,000 or 25% capacity.
- Pubs, restaurants and other hospitality venues will be allowed to open indoors, with the rule of six in place inside, and groups of up to 30 outside.
- Venues will still be table service only.
- Indoor entertainment venues like cinemas, theatres and bingo halls will be allowed to reopen, with social distancing measures in place.
- Organised indoor adult sport, such as badminton and indoor tennis, will be allowed to resume, and some gym classes will be allowed again.
- Up to 30 people will be able to attend weddings, receptions, funerals and wakes.
- This limit will also apply to other types of significant life events including bar mitzvahs and christenings.
- Domestic holidays have been allowed in household groups from 12 April, but from 17 May this will be extended to the rule of six.
Rapid testing in MK
COVID-19 rapid testing is available to everyone in MK over the age of 16. Visit our Central MK Library for a free on site test. No need to book. Results will be sent to you within around 45 minutes.
You can also collect up to 14 free lateral flow tests from the Central MK Library. No need to book, show ID or register – just ask a member of staff.
The centre is open weekdays from 9.30am to 4.30pm, and stays open later on Thursdays until 7pm.
You can also order lateral flow tests from the GOV website. Find out more here.
The main symptoms of COVID-19 are:
- a high temperature
- a new, continuous cough
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
If you have any of these symptoms please self-isolate and get a test. Anyone you live with or in your ‘support bubble’ will need to isolate and be tested too.
Keep up to date on on COVID-19 in MK at www.milton-keynes.gov.uk/coronavirus